Tall 15 gallon kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudaKevin

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make the switch from extract to all grain. I like the design of the Brutus and I have just enough room in my garage for it. The problem is finding 15 gallon kettles narrow enough to fit like the old italian kettles. The only options I found are the Blichmanns (which don't fit my budget) or the 20 gallon bayou classic (which look very thin). Does anyone has any suggestions? Cheers :mug:

Why not find a kettle you like and simply adjust the dimensions of the stand to fit the kettles? If I am not mistaken, alot of guys have done that.

I actually already found a partially built stand, but I can't fit the B3 kettles next to each other on it. I could probably space two of the burners apart more and have the BK on a separate burner, but I was hoping to have everything on one stand.

I didn't realize before I got the stand how hard it is to find those italian kettles. I was hoping to find some used ones before the end of the year, but they don't show up in the classifieds too often. Maybe I should just go with the Bayou Classics for now.

I use the Bayou Classic 15-gallon kettle and it works great. It is regular- cookware thin (about the same as the Revereware I used for years), but I find no ill effects, such as burning on the bottom or scorching the wort. I recommend it.

Latest posts

Back