L&W freezer to fridge converter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_potter

Reaction score
Hey all. I bought one of these freezer temp controllers from AHS a couple weeks ago. I have a Frigidare 15 cf commercial freezer that I wanted to make a giant keezer out of. This controller replaces the original themostat of the freezer so there is no rigging required. I popped in the thermostat and plugged it in. An hour later I came back and checked temp. -10 F.:( A quick call to AHS and they said that I either got a defective one or it won't work with my freezer model. They sent me a replacement. It arrived yesterday and I am running right now at 45 F no problem.:ban: These temp contollers at only 39 bucks are pretty cool. The installation took about ten minutes max. The frigidare wiring plugged right into it like it was made for it. Thanks Austin Homebrew Supply for getting me set up so fast. They even sent a return shipping slip for the old one for so I didn't even have to mess with that. Very cool!

Update. This thing is not very good. It seems to have somewhere around a 25 degree differential. It is chilling down to 35 and not turning on again until it hits 60 degrees. I ordered an A419 controller and am sending this one back.:(

Back