BN Session Brown, how long from grain to glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBasile

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm planning on brewing the BN Session Brown Ale for thanksgiving, but I was wondering what people have experienced is the best age to serve a brown ale, how long from grain to glass for it to be at it's peak? Or what has been peoples's experiences with similar brown ales. OG should be 1.046-1.050 and I'll be using the White Labs Dry English Ale yeast (WLP007).

Thanks!

Using the proper amount of active yeast and a controlled fermentation will go a long way in getting you from grain to glass fast. In my experience, brown ales need a little more time cold (keg or bottle) than their roast-grain-less counter parts would need. Some of the stronger roast flavors benefit from a little aging. You will be golden for Thanksgiving though. Wlp007 is a crazy fast fermenter and drops fast....so it will be ready to keg/bottle within 2 weeks easy (assuming conditions above). You can probably start drinking right after that but I would think the flavors would peak in another couple weeks after that.

I always pitch from an active starter, and hook up an air pump w/ stone for about 30 minutes before pitching. Looks like I'll go ahead and brew this weekend as planned. Thanks!

Back