Natural Carb...Sweetness??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki-ri-n

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I normally keg and artificially carb. I never bottled before or used priming sugar. I had a batch that I couldn't get & keep on gas through out carbing.

So I primed it with priming sugar (used 30 PSI of CO2 gas to seal the lid and about 1/2 of the amount of priming sugar used to bottle-1/2 cup maybe?) and then put it on the gas when a tap opened up. Now while sampling it, it seems fairly sweet (not expecting it to be).

Could this be from the priming sugar or is it just the way this beer turned out to be?

The beer is a Fat Tire AG Clone. Close to the NB recipe.

I've never noticed a difference between forced and natural carbonation. Either it's the recipe or the yeast aren't done. If you primed more than two weeks ago, I'd say the former.

FG was @ 1.01

I know there isn't supposed to be a difference between Natural & force Carb, but there seams to be a real sweetness. I just wasn't expecting it compared to the "real" FT. Although, it's the first time I've brewed this recipe. I thought it shouldn't be this sweet. Maybe it's due to mash or fermentation temps? Or some other variable? I'm not Knocking it. It still tastes good :rockin:

Latest posts

Back