first "fresh" ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
So, i made the dogfish head clone that is in the recipe section. i dry hopped in the keg, pulled out the hops, and put it on air. Its only been on air 4 days, so not near carbonated enough, but i had to have a taste. ive never had anything like it. incredibly floral, great bitterness, just perfect. I guess ive never had a fresh IPA, but man im addicted to it. Im glad i have a good porter on tap too or id have a tough time keeping my hands off of it. just thought id share my first fresh ipa experience. :mug:

it should be finished carbing up in 4 or 5 days. i was surprised how much carbonation it had yesterday. it will definitely disappear quickly

Right on man! I want to do a Dogfish 60 in the very near future. Just converted to kegging with my last batch and got cascade whole leaf hops for dry-hopping while force carbing. The hopped up PA was my most enjoyable beer thus far. I can't wait to get the next batch (Two hearted ale) that is finishing up this week in the primary in the keg.

nice! i have 4 hop plants in my garden this year. Hopefully ill get a few ounces with this years harvest i can dry hop with. kegging is quite nice. I never did any beer bottling, but i did wine bottling and hated the bottling process more than any other process. Figured i would skip it completely with beer.

Ditto on skipping bottles. I doubt I'd have made it past the second batch without the mini-kegs, then cornies. They are also great because you can re-fresh the nose on hoppy beers (yes, I really do make them occasionally.)

Back