Vittle Vault size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDIr0n

Reaction score
I am looking at getting 2 50lb one for when I do a 11 gallon batch and installing a better bottle racking port like autobaun70 did in this thread link

I am also looking at getting 2 for fermenting 6 gallons as well. Does anybody know what size that would equate to?

Thanks,
-G

Ok, can somebody double check my math and make sure that I am calculating the gallons correctly.

30 LB Vittles Vault = 14"x14"x13" = 2548 cubic inches / 231 cubic inches to gallons = 11.03 gallons

50 LB Vittles Vault = 14"x14"x20" = 3920 cubic inches / 231 cubic inches to gallons = 16.96 gallons

Thanks,
-G

Your math is spot on for a perfect cube. The container "necks down" for the lid opening and the handles are recessed so you wouldn't be able to fit 16.96 gallons in it. The 11 gallon batch in the 50# size will go up to the bottom of the hand grips. I use one occasionally they work great.

Your math is spot on for a perfect cube. The container "necks down" for the lid opening and the handles are recessed so you wouldn't be able to fit 16.96 gallons in it. The 11 gallon batch in the 50# size will go up to the bottom of the hand grips. I use one occasionally they work great.

Awesome, thanks for double checking me, and letting me know where the level is on the 50#.

I am going to get 2x 30# and 1x 50#.

I plan on fermenting 7-9 gallons in the 30# and 12 gallons or so in the 50#.

-G

Back