Let it snow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8string

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got into homebrewing this summer and brewed my first batch in August. Now, 11 batches later, Im trying my first All grain tomorrow. I'm hooked on brewing. Tomorrow I'll have crappy weather for brewing or anything else- 35 and rainy in the valley. Ill have to brew under the carport. It better git colder soon!! Im excited to jump in and try AG though. Im doing a bitter with
10.25 lbs 2 row
0.5 lbs 50l crystal malt
0.5 lbs extra special malt
and Fuggles (probably 2 additions)

I don't exactly have my equipment dialed in just yet, but ive got ingredients so im going for it. I have nothing to do but brew, ski, and pick for the next 3 months.:mug:

Yeah, I got a OG of 1.052 for my first AG. A bitter with Fuggles and Goldings. And it was blowing snow during the brew today, had to rig up a windscreen. Supposed to drop and stay below freezing for a while now. Its bout time, its december in Montana! Time for my second AG brew! Ive got an empty carboy. I racked the finished wort onto a yeast cake (London Ale Wyeast 1028) from the Barleywine I racked from last week. It was rolling less than 2 hours after turning off the flame! This brewing has really come together. And Yes I love to pick the mandolin, and always play a few workin' dittys for the yeast. I play right to the carboys and they seem to like it. Go cats.

Back