Kegerator - drip tray question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_Bigelow

Reaction score
I just received all the parts to complete my Sanyo 4912 kegerator. Now I got a cut-out style drip tray with the package. It does not sit flat - it tilts up slightly. Is this what it is supposed to do - or do I have a bent one? I tried it on another surface and it is definately the tray and not the kegerator top.

Thanks.

DRIP.jpg

DRIP2.jpg

Why are these things so damn expensive? I mean you can go into a dollar store and find a similar stainless steel tray for a buck.

Why are these things so damn expensive? I mean you can go into a dollar store and find a similar stainless steel tray for a buck.

I picked the whole kit up from Adventures in Homebrewing for about $250 -kit included stainless steel dual facet tower, this cut out drip tray, dual regular, all the taps and tubes, plus 2 kegs.

I cannot seem to find that product online, so it is hard to say without seeing how it attaches.

To me it looks like the drip tray is supposed to just sit on top of the fridge without being attached to anything, and you have it sitting on top of the collar for the tower. If this is true, slide it forward a bit so the back isn't propped up on the collar.

Either way, it will catch drips successfully.

I contacted the manufacturer and it is a production defect. They should sit flat. He said to try and hammer it flat and if that doesn't work they'll send a replacement.

I contacted the manufacturer and it is a production defect. They should sit flat. He said to try and hammer it flat and if that doesn't work they'll send a replacement.

They want you to fix a defect? No way?! You paid for one that was new now you would have one thats bashed on to make work .... And if they just send you a new one I'll take the old one off your hands after all its defective.:)

Kinda sad when you see a commercial item being referenced in the DIY section... Make them replace it... You paid good money, even if you get it "flat" you are still distorting it with your hammer...

+1 to sending it back. I would not Hammer a new product into making it work. BS Tell them if they want to hammer it and try and pass it off as a new product that's up to them, but a hammered on product is not your idea of a new purchase.

So was it hammer time or did you send it back?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo]YouTube - MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This[/ame]

Back