Drinking Pictures from around the World

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, the name of the game is to post pictures of yourself drinking (or, hell, drunk) in different parts of the world. Bonus points for getting close to a famous landmark with a drink in hand.

here goes:

Rome:

Piazza Navona - past home to chariot races and gladiatorial naval games. Now it hosts a bunch of baroque fountains and restaurants.

IMG_8606.jpg

Some trattoria I wanted to check out but forgot the name of.

IMG_9055.jpg

Ostia Antica - A bar from back in the days of the early Caesars.

IMG_8944.jpg

Who else has some? C'mon, you know you want to post them.

I will jump on this when I am at home and can find the pictures. Now I am at work and that doesn't have any.

't velootje, Ghent. The most f'd up, scary, mansonesque, fire trap of a bar I have ever been to.

1428306362_e145279f05.jpg

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/7457/?view=beerfly&ba=BlackHaddock

Bizarre, perplexing and weird are the best three words I can spell, that sum up this place.

I forced my reluctant wife to enter what can only be discribed as a dirty, full garage or shed. We were met by a bearded chap (Pater Lieven) with three Christmas jumpers on, he moved some rags, wood and an empty crate to reveal a bench seat and a small but long, thin table. Above our heads were a multitude of old bikes, lamps, bird cages (with plastic fish in them) and religious artifacts, there is other stuff too, but you only have 5000 characters in a review. The only light came from candles and a roaring wood fire at the far end of the garage/shed.

Through the glum we now saw other people, some young French speakers and a group of middle aged Flemish men. I asked if he had any Amber beers, he said he only had dark and wandered off to return with two bottles of Rochefort Trappist Ale 10 and no glasses. My wife decided we didn't want to ask for glasses because of cleaning issues, so we risked Viles Disease instead.

Half way through our beer the Flemish chaps left and Pater choose that moment to replenish the fire. He rummaged around and came up with an electric circular saw and proceeded to cut up a wooden pallet covering my wife with wood shavings. There was plenty of wood stacked around the room, but just for show (I assume) he wanted to fill the room with noise and wood dust.

Have a look by all means, but don't expect a cheap beer and just enjoy the strange ways of a deranged, disturbed, unbalanced owner.

Absolutely smashed in a carpet shop in Athens after spending 1800 euros on Greek rugs. Apparently it's customary for the owner of the shop to continually serve wine to the customers.

IMG_5351.jpg

1234888705.jpg

At the EAC in world famous Pawtucket, RI.

DSCF2753.jpg

My brother Joe and I in the belly of the beast, Yankee Stadium.

DSCF2166.jpg

Mrsthenurse and I in the Duoro Valley, Portugal.

DSCF3257.jpg

At Yankee Ingenuity in Vt, with (from left to right)Glibbidy, A friend of our host Kappclark, the_bird, Hippie, Kappclark, PTN and Evanmars.

PTN

Oaxaca, Mexico (looks like I'm drinking a Michelada, made with Negra Modela, and I know there was some mezcal involved):
DSCF0130_0036.jpg

On a friend's boat in Price William Sound (plenty of Alaskan Amber- that's why I have a glazed giggly look):
Alaska13.jpg

This is actually my son, sitting in our "picnic cave" on Lighthouse Beach, Eleuthera (but we adults were enjoying rum punch in the jug, and Kalik beers from the cooler):
05040359.jpg

This last picture isn't even of me, so I have to explain. This is the view you get from the hammock in Maya Beach, Belize, when you pass out in the hammock and wake up the next morning:
view_from_hammock.jpg

Picture_104.jpg

drinking Champagne and eating raquelette in Paris

Kim_and_Helena.jpg

having a pint in London's West End

IMG2190.jpg

Tanduay rum and mango juice in Moalboal, Cebu, Philippines

IMG2181.jpg

Tanduay rum and calansi juice, Bohol, Philippines

Too_much_fun_at_Senior_Frog_s_Mazatlan.jpg

Wine after too much Tequila, Mazatlan, Mexico

405355-R1-12-12A.JPG

Having a pint of Guiness in the Temple Bar, Dublin

Steak_and_kidney_pie_at_village_pub.jpg

Drinking Greene King IPA in a pub somewhere north of London

n1220531573_30161405_4025604.jpg

Here I am drinking a huge glass of hoegarden in limassol, Cyprus. I was on a Navy Destroyer for 5 years straight so I can honestly say I have gotten plowed in 18 separate countries.

Moab might just be the coolest spot on the planet.

Its really cool. That was my first time going We had flash flooding the first night we were there and looking of that ledge I am on, you could see 2 or 3 waterfalls dropping 40-60ft into the canyon where there was nothing before hand. Very cool. We took shelter in our own little overhang

4747_728675117163_10236625_43025499_1757920_n.jpg

4747_728675177043_10236625_43025507_998980_n.jpg

4747_728675880633_10236625_43025560_5591658_n.jpg

Back