Masters Par Three Round

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else is interested, but the Masters par three is a long standing tradition. Many tournaments have this sort of thing on Wednesday where tour pros play with sponsors and whatnot. In the Masters version, it's just the players in threesomes, with their kids(or whoever they choose) as caddies. There's no cash prize and goofing around is encouraged.

It's really great to see all of the little kids wearing the Masters uniform, and all of the players just having a good time with their families. It's actually more difficult to get this ticket than the actual tournament. The field is also not composed of just the guys in the formal Thurs-Sunday tourney, but selected veterans / players with a connection to the Masters.

Anyway - this year, Arnie, Player, and Nicklaus are playing in the same group.

Good stuff, good stuff. I hope some other brewers are enjoying this as much as me. You can get it live on ESPN 360 if you're online.

Just wanted to add that Phil Mickelson is f$cking HIGH. Dude needs some eyedrops BIG TIME. Although his kid just dropped a 2 footer.

Sigh. I guess I am the only golf nerd here.

This is really good stuff! The interview with Jim Furyk's daughter was awesome.

No dude, I'm just stoked you're here...!

Stenson just hit it w/in 1 inch.

Goddamn I love this tourney. Watching right now and Ian Baker Finch said it is the best golf course in the world.

Shall I continue to give you updates?

I'll be away from the internet pretty soon, but thanks. I wonder why it took so long for them to start televising it.

Wow, the Palmer, Player, and Nicklaus threesome was really something special! Especially their tee shots on the last hole. Close, Closer, and almost an ace!

All the holes-in-one that those tour guys are hitting make the one I hit last week seem pretty insignificant. This really makes me want to go and play. I gotta call my buddy that lives in Augusta and see if he went. Thanks for starting this thread.

PurdyGood said:
Wow, the Palmer, Player, and Nicklaus threesome was really something special! Especially their tee shots on the last hole. Close, Closer, and almost an ace!

All the holes-in-one that those tour guys are hitting make the one I hit last week seem pretty insignificant. This really makes me want to go and play. I gotta call my buddy that lives in Augusta and see if he went. Thanks for starting this thread.

Thanks for showing up and welcome to HBT.
Yeah! Congrats! I have been playing for 20+ years and have never dunked one. It looks about 70 in Augusta right now - 45 here.

Golf is a great sport.

Yeah, I started playing less than 5 years ago, so I know how lucky it was to have already aced one... My dad was happy for me, but a little jealous b/c he's never hit one. Anyways, yes, golf is a great sport. I wonder who's gonna win the tournament this weekend? I hope someone besides Tiger. He's just too effing good. And he doesn't show up for anything but Majors. Nothing against the guy.

blacklab said:
Sigh. I guess I am the only golf nerd here.

This is really good stuff! The interview with Jim Furyk's daughter was awesome.

You're not the only golf nerd here...I'm a 12 Index atm and dropping. I've also spent the better part of the last 18 months writing software for GPS devices for golfers.

Back