Planning my three-tier brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camiller

Reaction score
I'm in the early planning stages of a three-tier and thought I'd share my preliminary sketches. Due to financial constraints I will not be buying pumps any time soon so gravity fed three-tier is going to be it. Primarily 2x4 construction, for decking I will be trolling the scratch&dent part of the counter-top section of the local home improvement stores. Space is tight in the garage so I want to be fairly compact for storage. Not pictured, but planned is hard plumbed propane gas distribution. The burners pictured are not actually mine, but were available in the 3d warehouse. I think my burners may be an inch or two taller.

Here are two pic, one deployed, one folded, let me know what you think.

Brewstand%20open.jpg

Brewstand%20closed.jpg

thats a cool design. just one thing i noticed is that make sure you have a pin lock or extra set or rollers under the larger section, i think that the weight of the larger section would make the bottom "bow" and lift the fold out section up until it hits the ground.. if i explained that well enough... while the burner and kettle are empty.

extra set of rollers would solve this problem, or if you have some type of pin lock or locking system.

The pivot point should be centered above that foot when the folding part is down, but yeah, some sort of safety mechanism is probably in order. The casters are already kicking about my garage from a, since disassembled, project for the wife some years ago, would rather not have to buy any more. I had contemplated offsetting the pivot point for added safety, but it seemed like I would have to give up some structural integrity to do so.

I do think I will extend the folding part back into the main body a few inches so that when folded the "feet" are under the middle platform instead of sticking out.

Back