Grand Cru w/ WLP400 slow fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTabb

Reaction score
I bought a Grand Cru kit from Midwest Supplies and it came with the WLP400 yeast. I did a starter and hit an OG of about 1.054, and 2 weeks later it still has a lot of krausen on top and its only down to 1.030. The temps in the room are about 68-69 degrees. Has anyone else had the same experience with this yeast? Maybe I just need to be patient.Thanks.

That yeast always takes forever. I have used it 3 times now, the latest was a couple weeks ago, and every time it takes about 3 weeks to finish up completely. Just let it go and wait and you will have a great beer in a few weeks, I really like that yeast but it does take a long time to do its thing.

If you read the reviews of this yeast on the WL website, you will get the same responses. It always takes about 3 weeks for everyone that uses it.

I appreciate the quick feedback. I'll take another reading next weekend and hopefully everything will be fine. Until then I think I'll brew another!

Back