Brewvision

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
Interested to give the Blichmann Brewvision a complete rundown test and review on my youtube channel. Got a couple of review units in from them today. Interested in seeing how the beersmith integration works. Will be covering installation in a blichmann kettle as well a retrofit into a non-blichmann kettle. Any other information anyone else would like to know? I am going to try to do as comprehensive a review as possible but there might be something I miss so please let me know what questions you have.

Cheers
Brian

20170203_182902.jpg

I have sent a couple of questions back to Blichmann that are not covered in the manual.. I am working on a review right now. Only thing i struggle with is putting a(nother) hole in my boil kettle! I want to review as thoroughly as possible and think the real way to do it is have 2 of them operating at the same time... decisions decisions. I will let you know as soon as I get the review done.

Brian

Last edited:
I'd like to understand the purpose of this device. If it's just to have a wireless thermometer, I don't see the benefit/cost. There are multiple solutions where you can read temp remotely in addition to other functions. Looking forward to the review!

I'd like to understand the purpose of this device. If it's just to have a wireless thermometer, I don't see the benefit/cost. There are multiple solutions where you can read temp remotely in addition to other functions. Looking forward to the review!

I assume you're referring to the BCS contoller? What other systems are out there? I'd like to compare what you are referring to.. I have not investigated the automation option much. I like them but have not had any exposure to them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brian

There are a few... BCS, Brewtroller, CraftBeerPI, StrangeBrew Elsinore, some other homegrown solutions.

Not trying to knock it... just saying if one were to look up a temperature on a phone/tablet, they probably want to have some control there also, so this seems limited.

There are a few... BCS, Brewtroller, CraftBeerPI, StrangeBrew Elsinore, some other homegrown solutions.

Not trying to knock it... just saying if one were to look up a temperature on a phone/tablet, they probably want to have some control there also, so this seems limited.

Never thought you were knocking it. I wanted some info to make sure i compare it to as many options as possible.. Thanks for the info.

I'd love to see the BrewVision be able to import the strike temperature not just the mash/boil steps.

Interesting point. I agree. I did find a way to "work around" it and I show it in the video. The review is up. I am going to hold my comments until you watch it then let me know what you think about it.

Link to the reviewBlichmann Brewvision Review

Thumbnail.png

needs an android version before i'd bother looking at it, but much appreciated taking the time to review. subbed to your YT channel.

Thanks.. i am primarily android..I am really interested to get the android version myself. Have an Iphone for other uses.. Thanks for the sub!
Cheers!

Another nice video. Well done. I enjoy watching them, and it was good to learn about something I knew nothing about! I think your recommendations, especially for different users is great advice.

One thought on the 0.2 degree variation - this is probably likely just within the range of resolution rather than picking up specific temperature changes. I could be wrong there but its not uncommon for thermometers to bounce back and forth along a fence line.

Another nice video. Well done. I enjoy watching them, and it was good to learn about something I knew nothing about! I think your recommendations, especially for different users is great advice.

One thought on the 0.2 degree variation - this is probably likely just within the range of resolution rather than picking up specific temperature changes. I could be wrong there but its not uncommon for thermometers to bounce back and forth along a fence line.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy them. I did not know about the resolution explanation..
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back