Hallertauer Substitute?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonNative

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I can't seem to locate any hallertauer hops... darn shortage :mad:

I was thinking of williamette, or liberty. Any suggestions?

mt. hood would work great with that recipe. probably liberty too...i haven't really used it. i wouldn't do willamette, it's a fuggle variety. it could be tasty, just different.

mt. hood would work great with that recipe. probably liberty too...i haven't really used it. i wouldn't do willamette, it's a fuggle variety. it could be tasty, just different.

Hey Bro,
Thanks a ton for the suggestion. I'd go with mt hood, but "morebeer" is out of it. I'm going to go ahead and give liberty a try because they still have some in stock. If its not how I like it man, then I'll know and I can try something else next time. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Pat

dont know if you can get a hold of them, but crystal might work. Ive been using them in my hefes throughout the hops shortage because they seem to be widely available.

I've been using Liberty and I really like how it tastes. Or Sterling for bittering and a bit of Liberty for finishing makes a really good combination.

Back