Do hops go on sale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoGuthrie

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a few lbs of whole hops from freshops or hopsdirect but then I was wondering if hops go on sale in late summer when they harvest the 2010 crop.

Do they set 'clearout' prices for 2009 hops? If so, when?

Also, are there freshness issues with buying '09 hops a year later? I've got a vacuum sealer to pack them and freezer space to store them.

There won't be any issues with buying 09 hops. I'm trying to remember, but the "sales" might have been in September last year. The only issue with waiting is that the more popular hops may be gone, or not discounted very much.

yeah last year there was a huge sale in late august/early september

this year probably wont be as big due to prices being pretty low already, but maybe, since they should get bigger harvests this year

I got some good deals from last years old hops. I think it was around September, just about the time they started picking. I remember because I was also picking my own but wanted more varieties.

Back