ruthless rye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it, it's darn good, I love rye these days. Other than that spicy undertone, it tastes pretty similar to their Pale.

I was,actually going to post about this later. I'm not sure if it's me or if for some reason I got a bad batch. I bought a half case and so far every bottle has a pronounced burned rubber nose and after taste and is kind of astringent. I've never had the Ruthless before, but am a fan of the other ryes I've tried so I don't think it's the difference in malts. Anyone else getting any of these odors or flavors?

To me it's a typical SN brew. Over hyped and Underflavored for it's style. I get almost no rye taste and very little hop bite. More of a lite rye Pale. Ale than a RYE IPA. Someone said it earlier taste like the SN Pale Ale with a tad of rye and a tad more hops. It's ok but SN is afraid to go over the top and make a beer that really standsout. They are happy making plain jane good everyday beers.

I enjoyed it. I thought that the rye was pretty well balanced. Had a nice hop nose,and taste to it.

Fantastic beer full of flavor, well balanced and different
SN does an incredible job of getting quality craft beer to a huge market at a good price and they have some amazing special beers too

This is only OK. Nothing great. I won't buy it again. I would much rather drink Founder's Reds Rye or a brew with the best rye flavor, Short's Rich's Rye! Now that's a rye beer!!!

Back