Extract clones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZogCity2015

Reaction score
I haven't been fortunate enough to try the likes of Heady Topper, Pliny the Elder (or Younger), or Blind Pig, but have heard all about them. I was thinking of picking up a clone of one of these online for my next brew. Does anybody know of suppliers that might have these recipes, and how good said recipes might be?

Searching around this site will supply you with a good number of clones for the IPA's you've listed (never had Blind Pig, just assuming it's an IPA as you referenced Pliny and Heady). If those recipes don't show extract instructions, converting the fermentables is pretty easy (just google it) or you can ask the more seasoned forum members.

As for ready-made clones, I know that Northern Brewer (northernbrewer.com) has at least one Pliny clone, and it's been pretty well received as far as I can tell. I also know they were advertising a 'Vermont IPA' recently, which might be Heady-ish. Austin Homebrew (http://www.austinhomebrew.com/) also offers a TON of clone recipes, and their recipes are well known for their quality. Not sure on their specifics, as I am close to a Homebrew Store north of you in Dayton and get most of my ingredients there.

I made Northern Brewers plinian legacy. (Pliney clone).. and it was one of the best beersi have ever tasted

My first attempt at home brewing was a SN Torpedo clone from Jasper's and it came out great. I have a clone of Gandhi Bot bottle conditioning and a clone of Pliny fermenting. The Pliny was from Jasper's and the Gandhi Bit was from my LHBS

Latest posts

Back