New Recipe Inputs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisco87

Reaction score
So I started making my Spiced Cider about a month ago and it's now clearing so I knew it was time to start a new one. I told my wife that this time she can make it whatever flavor she wants...so she picked Apple/Pomegranate.
How does this recipe sound?
3 gals Welch's White Grape/ Pomegranate juice
1.125 gals Treetop AJ concentrate
1.125 gals Lager's AJ Concentrate

The gravity of just the juice was 1.053 so we added sugar to raise the gravity to 1.063.
2 lbs Cane Sugar

Right now it's sitting with some Camden Tablets. Tomorrow we'll through the pectic enzyme, tannin and yeast.

How does this sound? The juice concoction alone is delicious!

Sounds ok, Id drop the Treetop and add 1.125 more of the White Grape/ Pomegranate juice, but thats me.

What yeast are you going to use? Have you thought about a K1V-1116? That will ferment dry no matter what yeast you use. Your looking at 8.83 %ABV. That will need time to age. Should be good.

I used Cote des Blancs on my spiced Cider and I like the way it is tasting right now (in it's clearing phase) so I am thinking of just using that again. i only have Cote and Montrachet in my fridge. I am pretty clueless when it comes to yeast. Call me sacreligious, but I was under the assumption that yeast is yeast.

I've always used the Cote des Blanc for my spiced cider and have ben happy. I'm just starting a raspberry cider and will try a champagne yeast.

I used a champagne yeast on my last cider. I'll admit I'm a cider noob, but it tasted just as you would probably expect... like apple champagne.

I'm going to try nottingham my next cider I think.

I decided to experiment last night. I pitched the Safale s04 into my raspberry cider. I went with cvillekevin's post which said it had a little fruittier flavor.

Back