Wlp300

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

Reaction score
Amazing yeast, pitched a big starter into my Octoberfest Hefeweizen last saturday afternoon, huge eruption sunday lasted for 2 days, today is day 8 and its still bubbling every 15 seconds. Most of my beers finish in 3-4 days.

t-minus 12 days and this is still bubbling. I pulled the fermenter cap to look in and there is still a 3" krusan on top. my Og was 1.054 about where most of my ales fall. Very interesting yeast

CO2 can come out of solution for days after fermentation and with all the wheat protein in there you have excellent head retention capabilities so the krausen will stay about even once the bubbling is all over if you check your gravity I bet your finished.

Be careful when you take a sample all hefeweizen yeasts are really hungry you might even hear them growl at you.:D

Clem

i love me some hefeweizen. drinking 1 of those right now. brewed with wlp300, kept around 68 to even out the banana/clove flavor during fermentation

i love me some hefeweizen. drinking 1 of those right now. brewed with wlp300, kept around 68 to even out the banana/clove flavor during fermentation

This batch is more of a Dark hefe with Vienna, Munich, and a touch of Caramunich. I'm having an Octoberfest party and wanted to try something a little different

Back