Dream Job Dogfishead hiring brewmaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, that all makes sense now. I met the guy who is responsible for that job being open 2 weeks ago.

Who is this? Is Bryan Selders gone? I thought he was the Lead Brewer. Or is this a new title? His LinkedIn still shows him as Lead Brewer and I found no mention that he is not.

Dang - that's quite a job description. You'd think just about everyone WOULDN'T qualify.. I'd like to meet the super-person that fits that bill.

The issue here is... if you can do all those things you probably have considered or should consider starting your own brewery. Why waste all that talent on someone else?

Sorry fellas, don't even bother applying. Sam e-mailed me tonight and said I have the job. Just like he is willing to take a chance with beers, he decided to take a chance with me.

The job is mine...............

In my dreams...........

I'd like to be on the interview team!

"Um, yeah, bring us samples of your best brews. They must be at 42F."

I just made my second batch and it taste alright so I'll send them a resume and if they play their cards right I could be brewing for them by Wednesday.

Who is this? Is Bryan Selders gone? I thought he was the Lead Brewer. Or is this a new title? His LinkedIn still shows him as Lead Brewer and I found no mention that he is not.

Yea, I'm probably still a little confused. There is a guy I met at my club's christmas party who just moved back to Cleveland who used to be head brewer at DFH. Dont remember his name. I kind of assumed, "hey, that guy is gone, this position is open, that makes sense now. "

The issue here is... if you can do all those things you probably have considered or should consider starting your own brewery. Why waste all that talent on someone else?
At most breweries, including dogfish head, making the beer is not considered the most important job, selling it is. Same as any other factory. If you can sell beer, you can start a brewery. If you can't then you shouldn't start a brewery.

AB has guys meeting the qualifications, think Mitch Steele.

Lead Brewer and Brewmaster are two different positions.

Yeah, I know. I guess I meant to say that I thought Bryan was second in command. Brewmaster seems likes a loftier title than Lead Brewer, I would think Bryan would've got it if they ever decided to use such a title. Of course, I may not know what a Brewmaster does versus a Lead Brewer. I thought a Brewmaster led over all the Lead Brewers, a Brewmaster came up with the recipes and all the really fun stuff, and the Lead Brewers (of each shift) were in charge of the actual brewing.... I've seen more than a few videos where Bryan is making the really crazy recipes right next to Sam and Sam is just schmoozing to the camera while Bryan makes sure it will be delicious.

Latest posts

Back