Adding Spice to Priming Solution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
So, I'm still feeling like my pumpkin is a little underflavored. I'm wondering what opinions anyone has on adding a few tablespoons of pumpkin spice at bottling. Would I need to reduce the amount of priming sugar? Is there a good method for adding spice at bottling? (I was planning on just adding the spice to the priming solution). As always, any thoughts are appreciated.

You could just boil the spice with the priming sugar for 5 min in water. You would not want to decrease the amount of priming sugar if using spices because they are non-fermentable. I would be careful with how much you add-a few tablespoons is a lot. Try a little, add it to your bottling bucket, and taste beer before bottling. You can always add more but you can't take it away.

I know it sounds like a lot, but right now the other spice I added to the secondary is just floating around the top (I kind of screwed up the addition) and the beer tastes very little of pumpkin. It still needs some more time in secondary so I was planning to taste it at bottling and see how much more flavor it needs.

Back