how to hook up an not get beer everywhere....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azingsheim

Reaction score
hi gang, i'm natutally carbing my first keg and i'm going to let it sit at room temperature for two weeks before I put it into the kegerator. my question is how do i go about hooking the Co2 and dispenser up to the keg as to not get squirted with beer?? i released some of my pressure from the gas in line and some beer came out.....how's this going to work? Pin lock so not pressure release btw

Sounds like you overfilled. The beer level should be below the level of the gas dip tube. Hook the "dispenser" up to the liquid post, draw off a pint or two, and you should be set.

The liquid level will drop, a lot of your yest should be sucked up with these first pints, some of the pressure will be released, and you will have more headspace which will give the CO2 that comes out of solution somewhere to go without increasing pressure (PV=nRT).

Back