Bottling from a keg (no tap or CO2) question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielinva

Reaction score
So last September my brew club had a cluster brew which required required me to keg my beer so that it could be consumed and judged at a club party. To make a long story short, I now have about a 2.5 gallons of carbonated sweet stout in a keg with no way to tap it and no intention of purchasing a kegging setup. How would you go about bottling it?

I'm thinking I could probably just siphon it into a bottling bucket from the keg, but don't know about a few things, so here are my main questions:
1. When I transfer to the bottling bucket should I wait for it to go flat and then naturally carbonate using corn sugar or should I just bottle quickly while its still carbonated?
2. If I need to wait for it to go flat, how long should this take?
3. Again, assuming I will be carbonating it again, will I need to add some fresh yeast or will the yeast used to naturally carbonate back in November still be viable?

Read the sticky right above your post: "We don't need no stinking Beergun."

It's all you'll ever need to know about bottling from a keg.

Back