Northwest Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nparcel

Reaction score
I have relocated to Northwest Ohio, Bowling Green to be exact, and was wondering if there are any area clubs or locals interested in brewing. I would've figured there would be some folks at the LHBS I could chat with, but they are rarely open and when they are open it is a ghost town, and their inventory is terrible and over priced, how do they stay in business I wonder?? Enough of that rant...

I have been out of the game for a while, over 2 years, and now I am back to brewing again and looking for like minded people in the area.

how do they stay in business I wonder?? Enough of that rant...

They stay in business for the same reason the Corner Grill and every other Main st. place stays in business. BG real estate is cheap. I miss the days when my rent was under $400. Is it still Black Swamp homebrew, or something like that? If so, I remember them being around in the 90's.

There are two groups in NW Ohio, The SNOBS and SH!TS. I'm not sure either one has a website but apparently they are pretty decent sized. I'm looking into this same matter myself so if I can get some more information I will pass it along.

LOL! Yeah, you're not kidding. Funny thing is, that's actually one of the more decent neighborhoods in Toledo.

You must live in the East side or the North end... :D

Agreed on the way the neighborhood looks, but it has always been quiet during business hours. I've seen Tom - the owner I think - walking through that neighborhood on occasion. I wouldn't be over there on a Firday or Saturday night though...

Back