Priming nomograph

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleHole

Reaction score
I was thumbing through my copy of Palmers How to Brew and ran across his Nomograph for determining amount of priming sugar for 5 U.S. gallons. Does anybody use this? For my 5 gallon batches I have always used the standard 3/4 cup of corn sugar. Am I missing out on something here?

AleHole said:
I was thumbing through my copy of Palmers How to Brew and ran across his Nomograph for determining amount of priming sugar for 5 U.S. gallons. Does anybody use this? For my 5 gallon batches I have always used the standard 3/4 cup of corn sugar. Am I missing out on something here?

If you are happy with your carbonation, then there is no need to worry about the nomograph.

I'm kegging my beer now, but when I bottled, I would occasionally try to drop down to 2/3 c for a porter or stout, but in general I just used 3/4 c and didn't worry too much about it.

But, I'm sure there are people out there that use the thing.

Latest posts

Back