Questions on a Rogue I2PA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_finklestein

Reaction score
I looked at a lot of posts on this subject but I don't see the correct hop additions. I used the morebeer clone kit which included Galena, Casacade, and Willamette. The BYO recipe calls for Newport, Cascade, Sterling, and Amarillo. The Rogue website says that they use Saaz, Cascade, and Northwest Golding. My question is that if I am going to make this clone using the Rogue hops, none of these hops are a true bittering hop (except for cascade), especially for an I2PA. Does anyone have any more info on the hop schedule using the Rogue hops?

The morebeer clone kit keeps changing based upon how available the hops are and how much profit they can squeeze out of a kit. I did one of the kits and it turned out fine. I have since brewed it several more times using modified BYO/Rogue, etc. All times it turned out great.

I believe that Rogue has changed the recipe frequently as well.

Last batch being the best was Zeus (90 min bitter), Cascade 30 min, Saaz (15 min) was going to use Sterling but supplier was out, Amarillo (flame out- diff from orig recipe but worth the change) & Cascade dry hop (which may not have been needed). S05 yeast.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I was thinking to dry hop with the Cascades. I was just a little confused with the Rogue website. I will have to try the Zeus.

Back