Draught Hop Rod Rye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
While on vacation on Coronado Island, CA, I had the opportunity to drink a number of pints of draught Hop Rod. It was a guest at the Coronado Brewery. That was a very tasty brew and so thank all of you for bringing it up again and again and for Dude's (at least I think that is where the credit goes) recipe for (dare I say it?) its CLONE.

Gawd, next thing you know I'll be making Hefe!

Brewpastor said:
While on vacation on Coronado Island, CA, I had the opportunity to drink a number of pints of draught Hop Rod. It was a guest at the Coronado Brewery. That was a very tasty brew and so thank all of you for bringing it up again and again and for Dude's (at least I think that is where the credit goes) recipe for (dare I say it?) its CLONE.

*enters jealous rage*

On draft? Wow...I'd love to try that! The beer is worth bringing up over and over, for sure--but the credit MUST go with DeRoux and Janx for getting the ball rolling on the clone project!

It was a treat. I was at the bar, trying to decide which pale brew to buy out of kindness to the bartender and there it was. For a moment I felt guilty for buying a guest beer, over and over, but I got over it.

Back