Vintage Fridge Kegerators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superdave

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to pick up a cool 50's fridge (with the rounded top and everything) that looks very nice and I'm told cools quite well for free. (Can't remember the brand.)

I'm thinking of selling off the kegerator I bought on Craigslist that is "old" but not really "vintage" and using the proceeds to convert this fridge into something cooler!

I would love to see some pics of ones you've made for inspiration.

I have a 40's Philco that I converted. It looks awesome and I was able to get the wife to allow me to keep it in the office. Biggest problem is size. I can only keep three kegs on tap at once:(

There is a picture of it in my galllery.

That is pretty cool. Does it have the freezer section in the top half? Did you do anything with that part?

Three taps might not be a lot, but it would be more than the one tap I currently have...

The one I can get is probably a bit smaller than that one, but I am real sure it would easily fit 2 cornys, probably 3.

Here is mine, I also can only fit 3 in it (plus a smaller co2 bottle)

DSC016341.JPG

DSC01636.JPG

I probably could fit 3 but I wanted to make it somewhat multi-used. I have the tank on the inside. Looking to move it to the outside but that is going to be a pain without drilling another hole (I'd rather not). Plus the inside is porcelain. I might try coming thru the light bulb plate.

FridgeOutside1.JPG

FridgeInside.JPG

I probably could fit 3 but I wanted to make it somewhat multi-used. I have the tank on the inside. Looking to move it to the outside but that is going to be a pain without drilling another hole (I'd rather not). Plus the inside is porcelain. I might try coming thru the light bulb plate.

FridgeOutside1.JPG

FridgeInside.JPG

Very cool! Is that a ac vent cover in the drip tray?

Also, it appears you are a VW fan too! Sweet. I have two ('78 Bus and '92 Cabriolet) sitting in my driveway, with a wrecked TDI Passat who will donate it's engine to the Bus at some point.

I also like the blue one. I think I will go with the plan of selling the plain kegerator and converting the free fridge.

But keep pics coming!

Superdave:
The grate is a floor register grate ($10). I got the stainless from a friend for $0! Bent it up, tig'd the corners, drilled the holes for the taps & polished it up a bit. Cheap $10 drip tray :rockin:

:off:
Yep, VW geek.
Sold my '74 Baja bug (rust bucket and wasn't doing anything with it anymore).
Still have a '68 basket case (one day will get that project going).
'90 Corrado as my weekend toy.
I drive a MKIII Jetta as a daily.
Still parting a '97 Golf that I needed as parts for the Jetta.

Back