Fitting for keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smrtpunk

Reaction score
I have a set of Corny Kegs one works fine with the gas/liquid fittings. The other does not fit properly. The male end on the keg looks like this
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150402207112226&set=a.10150402206892226.377064.510712225&type=3&theater

I tried to remove it from the keg unsuccessfully with lots of hammering on the pins and using a set of pliers. Maybe a wrench would work better. Its my first time kegging so I had no idea until I tried to put the fitting on that it would not work.

Ive left the keg sealed and put it in the fridge as I feel this would keep the beer from going bad. Does anyone know what kind of fittings would work with this keg?

Thanks a bunch

dads stuff.jpg

those are pin lock terminals. to remove a pin lock coupling just push down and turn then pull up.

Pin lock kegs require a special socket with cutouts for the pins. I have several and with good o-rings they work great. Check out the online stores for the socket. I got mine for $10 but I've seen them for over $20 so shop carefully.

Pin lock kegs require a special socket with cutouts for the pins. I have several and with good o-rings they work great. Check out the online stores for the socket. I got mine for $10 but I've seen them for over $20 so shop carefully.
You can make them pretty easily. Hit the hardware or nearest auto parts store, and pick up a cheap 13/16" deep socket. Dremmel out the 6 points, you can get away with only doing 4 (in a peace sign shape, 3 together, and one opposite the middle of the three) but all 6 makes it easy to just place it on either gas or liquid posts. No dremmel? you can file the points down with a round file (ok this part sucks because it takes a long time to do by hand)

OP, don't use a wrench, you can shear the pins off pretty easily.

+1
A wrench works when the posts have been taken off recently, but I had a heck of a time taking one off a new-to-me keg. I almost damaged the post. I am glad I added a pinlock socket to my last kegconnection order. The socket works great!

Thanks for the replies! I will order a set of connectors from my local site in order to convert the keg to a ball lock like the other one I own.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back