wine help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citys4

Reaction score
i made 12 gallons of wine and thinking about making more, but out of Pectic Enzyme and and almost no more YEAST NUTRIENT :mad:

i still have a lot of campden tablets and yeast and thinking if it would be OK, would the wine be OK, and could i add the Pectic Enzyme after its done fermenting? please reply i need a answer :confused:

hey i heard that If you end up with a pectin haze you can use pectic enzyme when the fermentation is complete to clear the haze, Yeast nutrient can be substituted with 1 banana, pureed into the brew ingredients at the beginning. You can do 1 per gallon or 1 per 5 gallons, is this true and can someone verify it works :confused:

hey i heard that If you end up with a pectin haze you can use pectic enzyme when the fermentation is complete to clear the haze, Yeast nutrient can be substituted with 1 banana, pureed into the brew ingredients at the beginning. You can do 1 per gallon or 1 per 5 gallons, is this true and can someone verify it works :confused:

I don't know about the banana, but most wines don't need nutrient anyway.

You can use pectin enzyme later if you want to, or just leave it out.

thank you i was scared that with out yeast nutrient it wouldn't work that good
thank you agian

thank you i was scared that with out yeast nutrient it wouldn't work that good
thank you agian

It really depends on the recipe. Some things, like honey, aren't nutrient-dense, so nutrient is crucial. Most wines are made out of fruit, though, which usually is a good food for yeast. I'd still get some yeast nutrient when you get a chance, for in the future, but if fermentation goes well without a sulfury (rotten egg) stink, you won't need to add a banana or anything.

If you do notice a bad odor, let us know and we'll give you some instructions to help keep the yeast happy.

thank you
im thinking of making a hard cider and some blackberry wine and with the info you told me i think i wont need yeast nutrient
thank you again

Latest posts

Back