how much does low sulfate in water affect extract brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoGuthrie

Reaction score
I obtained a water report from a friend who works for the city. I was just comparing it to what is talked about in How to Brew. Everything is fine except it seems the Sulfate levels are very low.

In the book it says Sulfate levels should be between 50-150 ppm as a target range. According to my report ours is .5? Am I reading it wrong?

water3.jpg

I am about to brew an extract/ grain as my first brew. Will this low sulfate level have much of an effect?

I obtained a water report from a friend who works for the city. I was just comparing it to what is talked about in How to Brew. Everything is fine except it seems the Sulfate levels are very low.

In the book it says Sulfate levels should be between 50-150 ppm as a target range. According to my report ours is .5? Am I reading it wrong?

water3.jpg

I am about to brew an extract/ grain as my first brew. Will this low sulfate level have much of an effect?

Where is Bill Nuy the science guy? Calling Bill....

Back