Knock knock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deezil

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while now, might as well introduce myself. A member of winemakingtalk.com, butseems to be a few more people from WA here :mug: Federal Way, WA myself.. Born on the 'other side of the mountains' but, here i am now. I'm 23, started making wine Aug '09 & been reading about making beer since. Also have a dog, a younger autistic brother who keeps me..... humble? & have came to enjoy my gardening.

Currently have some young blueberry, raspberry & blackberry plants coming along. More planned for next spring. (Hops included, at this rate)

As for actual brewing experience, i have none. Lots of reading (like I did with winemaking.. Then i bought 150lbs of peaches for my first batch :ban: ) & watching videos.

I'm probably gonna skip most of the kits / extracts and go for all-grain, although im sure a few of you will scream at me im/politely and tell me i'd have a better handle on the processes if i did a kit first... And you're probably right. Buuut kinda kills it for me to not start with raw ingredients and end with a glass of beer. I will however, most likely, start with proven recipes & build my confidence from there.

I'm looking at picking up some sanke kegs soon, cutting/drilling/modding them, and going from there. Been trying to get a handle on all the different stainless steel bits and pieces it takes to set up the quick disconnects & false bottoms, and things. It'll all fall into place in time, i have no doubt.

Just thought i'd say hi, & thanks for the great community to learn from. I'm sure you'll all hear more from me in the future.

Welcome from Tacoma! I just started and doing extract. Have my second batch fermenting.

knock knock, whos there?! hah
welcome from just down south!

Wish i was better with the knock knock jokes lol

Thanks for the warm welcome yall

Been learning a lot, just browsing. Excited to get started, i know this is something i'll do for many years.

Gonna start with some tried and true recipes.. Also wanna try my hand at a Manny's Clone & maybe find something i like more than Alaska's 'White'. I've got some interest in fruit beers too - anyone know what the best base is for something like that? I've seen a lot of wheat fruit beers, is that 'the norm'?

I dont have much experience with darker beers, or some of the "off the beaten path" styles.. If anyone has any commercial recommendations, im certainly open for broadening my horizons.

Anywho, just some things im pondering.. Y'all are great

I was reading about this vanilla caramel cream ale.. I think its what i wanna try first, once i get the proper equipment. This belgian triple also sounds good but i dont think i've tasted that style yet at all. Thats okay though, tomorrows payday - see if i can find a 6'er of something to wet my whistle..

I'm open to suggestions for new styles to try, as well as recipes to ponder. Need a guinea pig? :tank:

Latest posts

Back