Natural gas burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend one of the short, stubby burners. It looks like it will burn at high heat and it can take a lot of weight. I think a good average burner for 5 to 10 gallon boils is in the 50k btu range.

I didn't look at all of the items on that site, but the ones I did look at were in the 10-50k BTU range. That seems prety low. The one I have it 185K and makes fairly short work on a 3 gal boil, haven't tried it with 5 or 10gal. If I were to spend that kind of money I'd be looking for something with a bit more power imho.

http://www.perfectbrewingsupply.com/categories/Beer-Brewing/Propane-Burners/

AFAIK the only difference between a propane and NG burner is the orifice size in the gas supply. If you have a propane burner already you can get a tip drill set and open up the orifice one step at a time until it burns right. Otherwise you are probably better off starting out with what you want.

Latest posts

Back