The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I've come up with. I think it'll look great on kraft paper.

my only beef now is that the font doesn't match the ones at the top of your label in terms of feel, if I could have found something sketchy and serif, that would have been my choice.

handdrawn 2.jpg

You did that on MS Paint?

images

I didn't actually make the drawings on MS Paint. I took images I found on Google and meshed them together.

the only change I would make would be the grey behind the pennsylvania. If you could match it to the same colour as the black on the label, and then maybe have it as a crosshatch.

I tried it black at first, but it comes out too dark compared to the rest of the label. I don't have the ability to crosshatch the background, but I like that idea though...

Agreed. All joking aside, I love the image. The only thing that possibly cheapens it is the text. If you can find a nice smooth text, or equally sketchy text it would look perfect. The text that is used now just looks like pixels to me. Get it to match, and its solid.

Which parts of the text are you referring to? I went through the MS Paint texts a bunch of times and settled on what I thought matched the best... But I may not have best eye for this...

Which parts of the text are you referring to? I went through the MS Paint texts a bunch of times and settled on what I thought matched the best... But I may not have best eye for this...

Both of them to be honest. The text at the top isn't bad, but the PA text in the bubble looks highly pixelized to me. Given the simplicity of the artwork, I would keep all the text the same... even leave out the placard for PA and just put Pennsylvania in a nice, matching script.

Just being nit-picky. I think it will look sharp on a wine bottle man.

Here's what I've come up with. I think it'll look great on kraft paper.

my only beef now is that the font doesn't match the ones at the top of your label in terms of feel, if I could have found something sketchy and serif, that would have been my choice.

Thanks! What font did you use?

I'd like to keep the very bottom portion that gives ABV and volume in a neat, professional font, but I'm wondering how this font would look elsewhere...

Both of them to be honest. The text at the top isn't bad, but the PA text in the bubble looks highly pixelized to me. Given the simplicity of the artwork, I would keep all the text the same... even leave out the placard for PA and just put Pennsylvania in a nice, matching script.

Just being nit-picky. I think it will look sharp on a wine bottle man.

Yeah, the placard has been my least favorite part of the label. I'm actually now thinking about just getting rid of it altogether. I mean, the grapes used to make the wine are from CA anyhow!

Thanks! What font did you use?

I'd like to keep the very bottom portion that gives ABV and volume in a neat, professional font, but I'm wondering how this font would look elsewhere...

I used a font called Sketchy that came in a pack of 1500 free fonts that I downloaded.

ABV is 5%/Vol; 355ml

Can you try the blue with the train and see how it looks? Maybe red, too? That bottom one looks great with brown.

Thanks, bud ~

Ron

@drgonzo2k2 maybe take a pic of your cat and some one can change it to fit in the label in place of the tribal cat?

Does anyone have any free font recommendations for this label? I'm just not happy with the one I've seen and the one problem with having lots of fonts is having too many fonts to choose from.

I'm looking for a nice, clean, heavy font, preferably with serifs, probably no italics.

Triple Berry 500ml.png

Awesome!

Thanks, @JINKS - I've got a double batch this time, so I think I will do some with the train and some with the other one and see which one people like best.

I appreciate the assist, sir! :mug:

anytime:mug:

Does anyone have any free font recommendations for this label? I'm just not happy with the one I've seen and the one problem with having lots of fonts is having too many fonts to choose from.

I'm looking for a nice, clean, heavy font, preferably with serifs, probably no italics.

From here

Otama.JPG

Sling.JPG

spinerwad.JPG

yokawerad.JPG

abril.JPG

GrogNerd
I like it better. But can the palms and flowers be moved to look like they are coming out of the sand and add more sand also. Remove the white line from the sun that's in the water

@JINKS sure thing, here's a few snaps of the little lady:

f3JzFbx.jpg

k891Wd1.jpg

tQlm8lN.jpg

Just to make sure though, I'm really looking for more of a line drawing of a cat's face (like the first suggestion I posted) rather than an actual photo of a cat.

So, I could use some real help when it comes to a logo and a label for my bottles where I can just swap out the Beer name, the ABV and IBUs. I have tried fiverr like 4 times with no luck, I feel there is a lot we could do with my name too. ZooKeeper Brewing company. Can anyone assist?

Thanks Jinks, right now I'm going to have a look at Otama, Sling, and Fatface to make a decision.

I think Sling Bold works best for me.

any tweaks suggested?

Triple Berry Sling Bold.png

Thanks Jinks, right now I'm going to have a look at Otama, Sling, and Fatface to make a decision.

I think Sling Bold works best for me.

any tweaks suggested?

Like a true artist you'll never be satisfied.
I like how it looks now.

@JINKS sure thing, here's a few snaps of the little lady:

Just to make sure though, I'm really looking for more of a line drawing of a cat's face (like the first suggestion I posted) rather than an actual photo of a cat.

Here is my shot:CAT copy.jpg

Here is a blank if anyone would like to improve. Please feel free.:rockin:CATLESS copy.jpg

Beautiful cat btw.

@JINKS - That is great!!! Thank you so much for putting that together!

One small (hopefully) request - do you think you could squeeze "brewing company" into the bottom part of the circle as opposed to just "brewing"?

@JINKS - That is great!!! Thank you so much for putting that together!

One small (hopefully) request - do you think you could squeeze "brewing company" into the bottom part of the circle as opposed to just "brewing"?

Here ya goCAT copy.jpg

Jinx,

Thanks for responding to my PM. I'd like ANY revisions you see fit.

Perhaps some wording in the blank space between the badge border. "Artisan Ales to Share with Pals" or "Est 2008" or "Pembroke Pines, FL"

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 2.00.07 PM.png

Jinx,

Thanks for responding to my PM. I'd like ANY revisions you see fit.

Perhaps some wording in the blank space between the badge border. "Artisan Ales to Share with Pals" or "Est 2008" or "Pembroke Pines, FL"

What is that brewlihan font? I'd like to try it bigger.
Here is what I have so far, is this what you were thinking?brewhelian copy.jpg

This is a LOUD one if you want color. Just playing around.brewhelian copy1.jpg

I kind of like the Brewlihan bigger so if I can get the font name from you I'll use it to make a cleaner version.

What is that brewlihan font? I'd like to try it bigger.
Here is what I have so far, is this what you were thinking?View attachment 285397

I kind of like the Brewlihan bigger so if I can get the font name from you I'll use it to make a cleaner version.

Thanks for the quick turn around JINKS

Font is called CRACKED, but it's from an older version of MS word.

I think the additional requests for lettering might have been too much. Please remove the aforementioned requests: "Est 200" and "Artisan Ales..."

I do want to leave the location though. IF you can get a font similar to CRACKED, I'd like the location to match, or . I am not tied to CRACKED, but I like the blocky raw feel to it and the contrast of the well dressed man.

@JINKS - hey bud, I hope all is well! I have two for you, if you don't mind - and I do think that they are going to be quite interesting!

I've learned how to attach photos to posts (I think), so I'll give it a try here - if it doesn't work, let me know, and I can try again or email them to you.

The first is my Grapefruit Honey Ale (5.5%/vol, 355ml, green background):

attachment.php

I couldn't find a "peasanty" picture to use, but that's okay for two reasons:

1. When I think of grapefruit, I think of that old-school "crate art," which is awesome!

2. The part of North Dakota where my ancestors settled is cattle country, and rodeo is THE thing there - so this works perfectly!

The next beer is my Jalapeño Saison (6%/vol, 355ml, red or maybe green background?), but since I used a red chile pepper instead of a jalapeño, I am calling it "Piment Rouge Saison" (French for "red pepper saison):

attachment.php

The picture I found is peasanty, colourful, lively, and it looks like everyone is having a good time.

I think these pictures are good, but if you find something "better," please feel free to give it a whirl, and we'll see what we have.

Very much appreciated, as always!

Ron

Thanks for the quick turn around JINKS

Font is called CRACKED, but it's from an older version of MS word.

I think the additional requests for lettering might have been too much. Please remove the aforementioned requests: "Est 200" and "Artisan Ales..."

I do want to leave the location though. IF you can get a font similar to CRACKED, I'd like the location to match, or . I am not tied to CRACKED, but I like the blocky raw feel to it and the contrast of the well dressed man.

I can't find a matching font with that name that even looks close to what you have, even in my word 97. Or did you want to switch to the current cracked font as seen on a google search? Here are two different styles plain with the text removed and then with the Pembroke Pines Florida around the tip. Let me know what you want to try or not.

brewhelian copy1.jpg

brewhelian copyb.jpg

@JINKS - hey bud, I hope all is well! I have two for you, if you don't mind - and I do think that they are going to be quite interesting!

I've learned how to attach photos to posts (I think), so I'll give it a try here - if it doesn't work, let me know, and I can try again or email them to you.

The first is my Grapefruit Honey Ale (5.5%/vol, 355ml, green background):

I couldn't find a "peasanty" picture to use, but that's okay for two reasons:

1. When I think of grapefruit, I think of that old-school "crate art," which is awesome!

2. The part of North Dakota where my ancestors settled is cattle country, and rodeo is THE thing there - so this works perfectly!

The next beer is my Jalapeño Saison (6%/vol, 355ml, red or maybe green background?), but since I used a red chile pepper instead of a jalapeño, I am calling it "Piment Rouge Saison" (French for "red pepper saison):

The picture I found is peasanty, colourful, lively, and it looks like everyone is having a good time.

I think these pictures are good, but if you find something "better," please feel free to give it a whirl, and we'll see what we have.

Very much appreciated, as always!

Ron

ThisGrapefruittradional copy.jpg

Non Traditional aka Can't leave well enough alone pic.Grapefruitnontraditional 1copy.jpg

Red JalapenoPimentrougesaison copy.jpg

and GreenPimentrougesaisongreen copy.jpg

Beautiful! I love what you did with the Grapefruit Honey Ale picture!

Thanks yet again, sir ~ I owe ya!

Newby here in south east Virginia. We do not have a brewery or pub. We have a small hops farm that will be up and growing in the spring. We haven't come up with a name or logo for the farm.....any suggestions please??

Hi - I'm checking to see if this thread is still active.

@JINKS - are you still out there? I have a Bruxelles Blonde (6%/Vol, 355 mil) that is in need of a label, and would be grateful if you could assist!

I also have a Chokecherry Wheat beer that needs a label, but I haven't been having any luck finding a good "peasanty" or "rural farm" picture featuring the chokecherry very much.
Here is the picture that I found for the Bruxelles Blonde - I like it but of course I am always open to suggestions, my friend ~ :mug:
Thank you -

Ron

Bruxelles Blonde.jpg

Latest posts

Back