Converting Regular Root Beer Recipes To Syrup Recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadeone

Reaction score
So, Im new to the whole root beer brewing world and want to try my hand at making some of the old-time original recipes from the late 1800s to the early 1930s, Ive found a few online and also found some peoples modifications to them to get them to taste somewhat similar to a modern day root beer...

Anyways, instead of making these recipes with yeast and having to ferment them in buckets taking up valuable space in my tiny studio apartment, I want to know if its possible to convert any of the recipes into a simple syrup recipe that i can then use with my sodastream later? Is it as simple as just using a way smaller amount of water? Theres gotta be a simple equation or process for doing this!

thanks in advance!
Jamie

Hmm, I would think you may be able to make the recipe as normal, remove the herbs, and keep it at a simmer to boil off the majority of the water to make an extract.

Back