Picking a Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xcuzme

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 5.0 or 5.3 cubic ft chest freezer would hold two 5 gallon cornies with a 5# CO2 tank??? There's a pretty good deal on one but I'm a little unsure of squeezing all the above into 5 cubic ft. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

I've got a 5 cu ft and it holds three cornies and the tank. Although I've moved the tank out, so I can use the space for hop storage.

well the idea is to start with 2 kegs and and CO2 inside with the option of possibly adding a third by building a collar while still keeping the CO2 inside. Sorry I missed the sticky about what freezers hold how many kegs. That was exactly what I needed!!! Also, the idea of lagering a little bit down the road sounds interesting as well!!! Thanks for the quick help...this site is the BEST!!!

Your 5.0 will likely fit 2 kegs and a tank easily. I have a 5.2 and could fit four if I wanted, but currently only use three. Make sure to build that collar up to maximize your space. I have a 2x12 for my collar.

Does anyone know if a 5.0 or 5.3 cubic ft chest freezer would hold two 5 gallon cornies with a 5# CO2 tank??? There's a pretty good deal on one but I'm a little unsure of squeezing all the above into 5 cubic ft. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Holiday 5.3 cu ft at Lowe's - $178

Here's a pic of mine - 3 cornies with a 5# tank inside
CIMG3615.JPG

Back