Cider in keg also used for beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iky0

Reaction score
I have only one keg and was wondering if there would be any problems with using it for both beer and cider. I would clean it of course in between with PBW, but i am wondering if either the cider or beer would leave some flavors which would mess up the other.

they are stainless steel! clean them well, flush the out-tube thingy, you won't taste the previous occupant at all, or else i would still be tasting 1995 mountain dew in my cider

Thanks for the responses - i must have been recalling advice concerning plastic carboys / buckets.

the only issue could be your faucet. i'm not positive on this, but they make cider taps because of the acidity of cider to be able to pull lead or something out of brass i think? i think stainless faucets should be fine. probably not a huge deal if you just put cider in there every now and again though. i should really check the actual facts on that as somebody else asked about this and i gave the same half-baked answer!

Latest posts

Back