Las Vegas Area homebrew store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithCostin

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I hear the phrase "local homebrew supply store" thrown around a lot in books and the internet and whatnot, but as far as I can tell, one doesn't exist in my area! I've looked on google maps and asked around a bunch, but I can't track anything down. Anybody here located in the Vegas valley? Where do you get your homebrew equipment? I've had a bit of luck buying from Restaurant supply stores when it comes to getting buckets, long spoons, and brewpots, but when it comes to yeast, hops, malt extracts, brewing sugars, bottle caps, hydrometers, and other specialized brewing equipment, I've had no luck at all. Anyone know of something I do not?

Thanks dudes!

Freakin' Sweet! I'm gonna go check that place out ASAP :D
Glad to see there are other Vegas Brewers on here. Any of you guys members of SNAFU?
Oh, introduction here. Good to meet you fellas :)

Freakin' Sweet! I'm gonna go check that place out ASAP :D
Glad to see there are other Vegas Brewers on here. Any of you guys members of SNAFU?
Oh, introduction here. Good to meet you fellas :)

I am a SNAFU member. We meet every 2nd Friday of the month at The Freakin Frog. Starts around 7pm-ish.. and ends whenever :)

I've taken some shots of the LHBS here in town.. you can find them HERE

Not a Snafu member. Just haven't ever made it to a meeting to check it out. It's on my list, It just hasn't happened yet. Are you a member?

In fact, one of the guys from Snafu is the one who informed me that we were getting a LHBS.

Oh tight, bra. Vegas homebrewers? Dude, that's hella tight. I mean, there's HELLA people up in Reno who homebrew but dawg, I didn't know there was a homebrew scene in LV, yo. Tight, bra. Hella tight.

But hey congrats, that's good. It's always better than mail order.

Who talks like that?

It seems to be some form of dialect common to Northern California and parts of Nevada known as Reno.

Hella, I believe is short for ' Hell of ' or the inverse, 'as Hell'. depending on usage and which area code you reside in.

in teh '510' - Hella Cool is slang for cool as hell.
Not to be confused with 'Cool as Ice', the tragic musical effort of psuedo-rapper 'Vanilla Ice'.

it can also be used in place of the word 'really' in some sentence structures... However, if really is to be used as an answer to a question that arouses concern or suspiscion, one should use ' for reals' instead.

In the '408' Bra is used by the perpetually stoned, or those pretending to be perpetually stoned as a shortening of the term brother.
Somehow, people feel this makes them feel more Islandy or tropical.

Santa Cruz residents use the word Bra in this way, as the word Brassiere, or using Bra as a descriptor of women' s garments is considered a Hate Crime.

I hope that hella helps bra. :)

Back