Suggestion for next batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of a good extract recipe for either Leiney's Honey Weiss, or Blue Moon? I want to do one of them for my next batch.

I mentioned wanting to do a wheat Beer next, and my wife says, "What are you goign to do with all of this beer you are making?"

Jeez, I'm drinking it as fast I can! LOL!

I told her the wheat is more for people who like lighter beers. I never have beer for them to drink, and I feel bad. This might be my last extract recipe before I go AG. Doesn't matter if it's an exact clone of Blue Moon, just has to taste good. I have high hopes for this one!

For that recipe, since the only malt used is wheat and pale malt, you can simply sub the appropriate amount of wheat dry extract or wheat liquid extract (which is already a 55/45 blend of wheat/pale)...

I'd say probably around 5.5lb dry or 6.5lb liquid extract will do the trick. If you insist on doing some 'steeping grains' besides the extract, maybe a 1/4-1/2lb of crystal 10L or something, but not necessary IMO...

Thanks, I understand the DME is more efficient per weight than liquid, but didnt' know if there was a standard ration to use to convert.

I didn't plan on adding anything other than what is common in wit beers. I'll probably order the ingredients this weekend.

Back