Experience with "Creamer" faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
I did a quick search and was surprised to find little discussion on creamer style faucets like the one here (1/3 down the page)

http://www.northernbrewer.com/faucets-and-shanks.html

So.... you top off your glass by pushing back on your faucet handle, and get a nice creamy head put on the beer, no beer gas neccessary.

Anyone try these? Do they work well? Is it any better than just holding the glass a bit further from a regular tap so the head froths up when you pour?

I want to go with ventmatics, but I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to have 1 of these on my rack of 4. I'm not going to beer gas yet, so I could use it when I make a stout or other rich ale.

Thanks all,
Keegan

hmm... not alot of opinions on the matter... maybe I should try one... but... then it won't match my pretty ventmatics... hmmm

Keegan

mrkeeg said:
hmm... not alot of opinions on the matter... maybe I should try one... but... then it won't match my pretty ventmatics... hmmm

Keegan

Well, I tell you what...buy one and send it to me. I will try it out, and if it works out, I will let you know if it is worth not matching your ventmatics then you can decide if you want to buy one for yourself.:D

If you just part-throttle a regular ventmatic, you will get a similar effect. I use that trick on beers than need a lil' more head.

If your make and pour it right there is no need for a special faucet.

beerrific.... thanks for the generous offer! I'm thinking of buying a new sportscar too, but can't decide on which one... maybe if I had half a dozen shipped to you you could evaluate them for me as well?

Keegan
PS:... I think I'll just stick with the ventmatics.... thanks Chillhayze

My thought is that these are for approximating so called, "real ales" (CAMRA).
These would be very low carbonated beers, so getting a head might be more difficult. The cream feature would replicate the sparkler on a hand pump.

Latest posts

Back