Satelite gravity readings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCTitan

Reaction score
Does anyone use Satalite Gravity readings when fermenting using buckets? This is where you take a beer bottle and collect a sample and place the sample in the bottle and let it ferment right next to the bucket. Seen this on a video and was curious to see if this is really a reliable way to monitor gravity.

That is defiantly an interesting idea. Brainstorming, I would hypothesize that the bottle will ferment out faster than the bucket as it is a smaller volume.

How was the yeast pitched in the video? Did the author fill the bottle after pitching in the bucket or just add some of the yeast to the wort filled bottle?

Does anyone use Satalite Gravity readings when fermenting using buckets? This is where you take a beer bottle and collect a sample and place the sample in the bottle and let it ferment right next to the bucket. Seen this on a video and was curious to see if this is really a reliable way to monitor gravity.

In my brewing world the name is fast fermentation test, which I do.
Fast ferment sample
Quick_Ferment.jpg

Good info about fast ferment test
http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fast_Ferment_Test

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Latest posts

Back