Thinking water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varmintman

Reaction score
OK this might seem bizarre but I am thinking about bottling some plain old tap water to take to beer and cigar night.

I suppose some history is in order. I like to drink but I hate trying to low crawl with my lips when I drink higher gravities beer. For some reason I find that it is dang hard to produce a beer that is consistently number 1 a good beer and number 2 tastes good and number 3 is a constant abv.

I brew all grain and I take gravity readings pre boil and pre pitch. It just seems as though lately my numbers have been through the roof and because of that I had to have my buddies wife drive me home the other night.

So I am thinking that making heavy gravity beers while tough and light beers tough though for different reasons I should stick to a more mainstream ABV that is easier to hit and just drink some water that I bottled in beer bottles for the nights I go out

Back