Oklahomans Unite!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, Okies... we finally have a good front to join to help the cause we all know is a blemish on the great state of Oklahoma.

Recently, a group was started to promote law reforms in the state. Join the OFALR group on facebook or go to their website and join. Tell all your beer drinking buddies to join. There is power in numbers and we need the numbers and the power to change stupid antiquated laws dealing with alcohol in Oklahoma. Remember to promote this forum as a great place to learn about brewing as well. We may could wrangle a few more brewers that don't even know about the best dang forum on the internet about brewing beer. I am going back to reference our forum (not link to it) and let them know we talk about this on a multi-state level frequently here. If you live in Oklahoma, join! It is important if we want change.

How bout cold beer from a liquor store? How bout cold beer storage before it even gets to the liqour store? Hell, how about not having to go to the liour store to buy beer and wine? Help make the change. I don't normally promote much on here, but I feel this is of the upmost importance, not to mention the fact people would have to stop making fun of us and our stupid beer laws, lol.:mug:

I appologize if I am crossing any forum rules here, but I just figured it is all about good beer. We can't even get some beers here due to our handling before sale. I really hope this is ok to do, but feel free to erase/block it if it isn't. Brewers in the other 59 states and the rest of the world, say a little prayer for us Okies.

Alright, I wanna know how many of us Okies have joined up? LOL, It's a pretty cool little information site. They list how the votes went in the House and Senate. Just lost a Senate vote 5-4 to get high point and wine sold cold in grocery stores, but that is ok because the bill had restrictions we wouldn't really want anyways. Oh well, looks like the bill for legalizing homebrewing is looking good though.

good luck!!! hopefully Oklahoma is not as backwards as Mississippi. we just got shut down again on our proposed beer law amendments. too many good ol' boys are stuck on the piss water BMC brands.

Brewers in the other 59 states and the rest of the world, say a little prayer for us Okies.

LOL!

Seriously, fight the good fight. I grew up in Norman and it was hell in high school with the whole ABV cap at 3.2%. Alcohol laws in OK are terrible!

May God soothe your beer-loving soul.

I will pray for you.

Also, don;t forget about Ok HB2438. This bill amends current ABLE Title 37 laws to include High Point Beer as legal for homebrewing.

Back