My Hydrometer crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Took a while (35 batches) but I was washing equipment and tipped over an empty bottle right on my freshly cleaned hydrometer. Smashed it into tiny pieces.

bye bye Mr. Hydrometer, you served me well.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an Hydrometer dies that has been especially close to someone, that equipment goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are worts and brews for all of our special friends so they can bob up and down and twirl together.

There is plenty of wort, sugar and beer, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the brewing equipment who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were broken or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of batches and times gone by.

The brewing equipment are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all float and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright scales are intent; His stiff glass body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, bobbing up and down faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress his holding tube, and you look once more into the trusting scales inside his glass body, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Oh I thought you mean this Rainbow Bridge.
Tokyo_Rainbow_Bridge_Odaiba_2_small.jpg

I've crossed that one a bunch of times.

wow, I have never felt sadness when beer stuff broke...Just #@!$%&* x 10
Last time was the auto sihpon. Died after 10 batch's of beer. Talk about being pissed.

My hydrometer just passed in a similar fashion. I have yet to prepare the proper burial, but perhaps this weekend he'll be layed to rest.

I thought you meant your hydrometer came out of the closet.

Yeah my first bit the dust finally as well.

At least thanks to you we know where they went....Think Elvis is there to sing to them?

:mug:

Back