light dry cider????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manny1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,I would like to make a dry cider with about 3.5% alcohol.
How do I go about doing this???Do I just dilute my juice with water to get my desired OG???
Any suggestions would be appreciated.:mug:
Cheers

Shouldn't cider from the farm, no sugar and champagne yeast get u around 4%? Good enough?

Last couple years the raw cider I've been getting from the local cider mill has been 1.050-1.055.. dried out your looking at a 6.5-7.5%abv..

Edit: you can water it down but lose allot of flavor..

Starting with an OG of about 1.025, and ending at 0.995 will get you about 4%. I know the juice I use is 1.050, so if you took an equal amount of water, it would knock it down to 1.025. But it will be very thin on flavor, and I don't think you will like it.

An alternative is to make a 6 - 7% cider, and when you serve it, add club soda or sparkling water to taste.

Hi Guys,I would like to make a dry cider with about 3.5% alcohol.
How do I go about doing this???Do I just dilute my juice with water to get my desired OG???
Any suggestions would be appreciated.:mug:
Cheers

You can create something sweet at that point but not dry. You'll have to dilute it, but if you do I would recommend adding something to it. Perhaps add citric acid as you'll have no flavor left.. Or if you can find some apple flavor concentrate but you're almost surely going to be non-natural at that point.

I just purchased some natural flavors from natural flavors.com. I read about it on a cider site. I have 3 gal that has been done fermenting for about 4 wks. I have been trying to decide.....sweet or dry.....bottle or keg. I decided to get the natural flavor in case I want to add flavor and xylose as sweetener. In the event that I keg it, well then I wasted $ on the xylose.

Back