Chocolate Milk Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRob90

Reaction score
Brewed a Chocolate Milk Stout from Northern Brewer the otherday. This was the first time I used actual grains and hops, I've only done straight extract kits until this weekend. It smelt AMAZING too.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have tried a Chocolate Milk Stout or a chocolate beer in general? Did it turn out ok? How did you bring out the chocolate flavor? I got some coco nibbs to put in the secondary but was curious if there are other ways to get that flavor?

Also any clever names for this beer would be appreciated :). I get a kick out of coming up with clever names for beer, even ones I haven't brewed yet but I'm having a hard time with this one.

Cheers! :mug:

Rob

CMS.jpg

I just made a vanilla chocolate porter and used 4 oz of organic cocoa powder mixed with 4 oz of corn sugar dissolved and added it to the boil the last 10 minutes.Made this 6 weeks ago and cracked one yesterday.The chocolate came though very nicely in the finished beer.not to overpowering.

I think that just about anything that adds a bit of residual sweetness will really help the chocolate character come through. My recent porter had no actual chocolate, but did use 8oz.chocolate malt. It also had 10oz. of blackstrap molasses. The finished product had loads of chocolate on the nose and a fair bit of chocolate throughout the taste as well. Any kind of unfermentable sugar will help bring the chocolate flavour forward.

As for names: Hershey Heiffer Chocolate Milk Stout.

Back