Stupid Bud, Miller, Coors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTDoug

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of seeing "$1 Domestics" while drunk walking down 6th St. and having to explain to the bartenders that Fat Tire or Redhook IPA or Widmer are domestics when they try to charge you $4. Shame on false advertising! Shame on them for connecting "domestics" with light beer! :tank:

they're imported form Oregon, of course! Now, if 'oull excuse me I' thin k I'll have a few more.

sause said:
It's evan more sad when the brewery is five blocks away from the bar and it's not domestic.
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but for some reason it seems that if you opened a pub and served ANY beer you have the legal obligation to undermine all the geography teachers in the US school system and decide where a beers country of origin is actually located.

The globe must really be funny looking from a bar owners perspective...:drunk:

Seven years of college down the drain...Animal House...:D

I know what you guys are saying, but I would love to pay any US bar prices right now. Even the “domestic” beer here in the UK is around 3 pounds sterling. That is $5.75 with the crap exchange rate…but then again it is damn good beer. Even Budweiser in the store is about $1.50 a bottle. Damn, this rant has made me thirsty. Time to bust the bank.

Well, when they say $1 domestics, what they really mean is $1 domestic macros, as opposed to $1 domestic micros. BTW at my bar we do $3 Texas brews, but we only do one brewery each Tuesday, not all at the same time. And we don't count Shiner as a Texas brewery. :cross:

homebrewer_99 said:
I feel for you...I found out in OK that Shiner's was imported from TX...go figure...I think they "sooner" go back to schuul and lerndt ge o'graffie.;)

I go hunting right next to the brewery it is way smaller than what you would think

At least you have some decent "domestics" available. I'm now in Korea where BMC are "imports" - and the only ones for sale at most places. The domestics here are Cass, Hite, and OB (CHO), and are actually somehow worse than BMC. Hopefully I can make it to a bigger city soon - there are usually some Belgian imports at the nicer restaurants.

Back