Need help looking for stir-plate online.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgough

Reaction score
I don't feel like trying to build one, because I'm sure that a professionally built one will be more efficient than my first attempt.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an on-line site that has ones that work well?

Brewer's Hardware has a decent deal.

It really isn't hard to make a stir-plate, I am not good with electronics, I am good with home wiring and such, but electronics intimidate me. Having said that, I was successful with my first attempt at making a stirplate, so it really isn't that hard.

Anthony Lopez's thread about stirplates has all the info you need, including a great place to get magnets (KJ magnetics). Either way, for about $30 you an make a stirplate that will do what you need it to.

I would suggest giving it a try, but if you feel that uncomfortable doing so the brewer's hardware place is a decent deal because it comes with a stirbar.

And check ebay, sometimes you can find a good deal on a real scientific stirplate, exhaust all of your options for a decent price, maybe CL, but it is unlikey, yet, you never know.

Anyhow, good luck!

Cheers.

+1 www.stirstarters.com, $42 with free shipping and lifetime warranty. What more could you want? Plus he ships out within 24 hours of ordering and you receive it fast.

My advice would be to get an extra stir bar or two. They can easily get lost or accidentally fall into your wort.

Back