My first label. Let me know what you think...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UofMontanaAlum

Reaction score
This is my first go at labels. Let me know what you think.

GrumpyGrizWheatAleLables.jpg

GrumpyGrizWheatAleLables2.jpg

GrumpyGrizWheatAleLables3edit.jpg

(edited spelling errors)

Nice label, and hate to point it out, but you've got a typo in the bottom description...should be "grumpy" not "grupy".

Nice label, and hate to point it out, but you've got a typo in the bottom description...should be "grumpy" not "grupy".

Son of a *****! I put 25 lables on last night. You'd think that either myself or my wife would have caught that. Oh well, I guess it isn't that hard to pull the labels off and start over. Photoshop really needs to add a spell check.

Son of a *****! I put 25 lables on last night. You'd think that either myself or my wife would have caught that. Oh well, I guess it isn't that hard to pull the labels off and start over. Photoshop really needs to add a spell check.

If you really are going to pull all those off to fix the typo, I think you might want to fix the bottle date from 1/24/2009 to 1/24/2010 as well.

If it was me, just leave the labels on and fix it next time! Just enjoy the Wheat Ale! :rockin: (by the way, how does it taste?)

If you really are going to pull all those off to fix the typo, I think you might want to fix the bottle date from 1/24/2009 to 1/24/2010 as well.
SON OF A *****! Ok, so I need to crank up the proof reading skills a notch or two. Pretty bummed about my lack of attention after spending all that time designing the label. I guess I can blame it on my A.D.D. I'm sending my proofs to you before I do any printing next time :mug:

Sucks about the typo. But very professional looking. These being giving out as gifts or....?
What program was used?
Some will be given out and some I will drink. I used Photoshop CS3.

If it was me, just leave the labels on and fix it next time!
I am way too anal to leave them on with the typos. I'll wait for them to condition and then soak them off.

SON OF A *****! Ok, so I need to crank up the proof reading skills a notch or two. Pretty bummed about my lack of attention after spending all that time designing the label. I guess I can blame it on my A.D.D. I'm sending my proofs to you before I do any printing next time :mug:

Sure thing. Just make sure the label you send is attached to a bottle! ;)

Photoshop does have spell check... I used it for years without realizing it.
I think you can right click when you're editing text, and select spell check, or it's in the Edit Menu.
But really, the label looks great!

Photoshop does have spell check... I used it for years without realizing it.
I think you can right click when you're editing text, and select spell check, or it's in the Edit Menu.
But really, the label looks great!

Thanks for the tip and compliment. I guess just assumed there wasn't a spell check. I should have looked.

There a lot of grizzlies in Iowa?:D
There are a few of us. I graduated from the University of Montana. The UofM mascot is Monte the Grizzly.

footage_football2.jpg

A) What type of medium did you use to print the labels on

B) What type of adhesion did you use to make them stick
A) 24lb laser printer paper
B) Avery brand glue stick

Latest posts

Back