Is something wrong with my batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brewed a batch of a Bud Clone with an ale yeast (Safale S 04) since I don't have the ability to lager (at least I thought). After pitching the rehydrated yeast, my wife opened windows and it got very cold in my house. The next morning I noticed that there were no bubbles in my airlock and paniced. I found that the brew was 64 degrees and starting raising the temp. The next morning (yesterday) I saw plenty of bubbles and 1/2 inch of krausen developing. Today the krausen has subsided and only a minimal amount is stuck to my carboy but it is still bubbling every second or so. I failed to take a hydromemeter reading so I do not know my OG. Should I let it ride the course?

realdadshangout said:
Thanks. I am nervous as this is only my sixth batch but all the others were much more active.

This will probably be the best. I prefer beers to be fermented as cool as the yeast allow. Cheers and happy brewing.

Brewed a batch of a Bud Clone with an ale yeast (Safale S 04) since I don't have the ability to lager (at least I thought). After pitching the rehydrated yeast, my wife opened windows and it got very cold in my house. The next morning I noticed that there were no bubbles in my airlock and paniced. I found that the brew was 64 degrees and starting raising the temp.

An S-04 yeast fermenting at 64*F is in the sweet zone. Leave it alone.

No bubbles does not equal no fermentation.

Back